During 1987 – 1990 the rapid and constant expansion of Thai economy stimulated the construction industry to grow by leaps and bounds. Numerous large scale construction projects from both public and private sector were implemented, raising a high demand for cement until it exceeded the local production capacity. From 1989 – 1991, cement shortages plagued the construction industry and started to affect the national development plan. The government then quickly responded to remedy the situation by allowing a large number of cement imports, authorizing existing cement manufacturers to extend their production capacity as well as new cement plants establishment.
With an aim towards serving domestic market demand for cement and contributing to the national development plan, Asia Cement Public Company Limited was established on August 23, 1989. Since August 1993 onwards, the company’s cement plant on an area of more than 1,000 rai (about 400 acres) at Tambon Pukrang, Amphur Pra Buddhabat in Saraburi Province has produced 2 million tons of cement per year to meet nationwide demand.
As the growth of domestic demand for cement was unabated, Asia Cement Public Company Limited then started construction the second production line in 1994 on the premises of the first plant. In 1997, the second production line was completed with an installed production capacity of 3 million tons of cement per year. Dry process was used in both cement production lines.
With a current installed production capacity of 5 million tons of cement per year, Asia Cement Public Company Limited is now one of the major cement producers in Thailand.
The company produces various types of cement
- Ordinary Portland Cement Type I ; i.work Red Lotus Brand, i.pro Red Lotus Extra
- Mixed Cement; i.pro Green Lotus Brand, i.pro Blue Lotus Brand, i.pro Super Power Lotus Brand
- Masonry Cement; i.pro Lotus Plus Brand
- Portland Cement Type III; i.speed Black Lotus Brand
- Hydraulic Cement; i.pro Red Lotus Hytech
- Dry Mortar Cement; ฺBasic Lotus Mortar 4 types
- i.pro Lotus Mortar: General plaster mortar
- i.pro Lotus Mortar : General masonry mortar
- i.pro Lotus Mortar : Lightweight block plaster mortar
- i.pro Lotus Mortar: Lightweight block masonry mortar
- Dry Mortar Cement; Technical Lotus Mortar 7 types
- i.pro Lotus Mortar Tile Adhesive FIX
- i.tech Lotus Mortar Tile Adhesive FIX XL
- i.pro Lotus Mortar Grey Skim COAT
- i.design Lotus Mortar White Skim COAT
23 August 1989
Registered as a Company Limited.
30 April 1993
Received official approval from the Ministry of Industry to operate cement plant with a capacity of 2 million tons of cement per year.
18 May 1993
Received the certificate of approval for Portland Cement Type 1 from Thailand Industrial Standards Institute.
23 August 1993
Started clinker production from the first line.
5 September 1993
Received the certificate of approval for Mixed Cement from Thailand Industrial Standards Institute.
2 July 1996
Registered as a public limited company
6 November 1996
Started clinker production from the second production line.
17 February 1997
Started cement production from the second production line with a capacity of 3 million tons per year of cement
Combined with Jalaprathan Cement Public Company Limited
Established Waste Heat Recovery and Power Generation Plant in Pukrang Plant
Click the pins for more information