Jalaprathan Cement Plc
Upon the conclusion of World War II, the Royal Thai Government embarked on a policy to spur the country’s recovery and development. Recognizing that electricity was essential to economic development, the government determined to establish the country’s first multipurpose dam in Amphur Sam Ngao, Tak Province. This dam was named that “Bhumibol Dam” as granted by His Majesty the King.
The Bhumibol Dam necessitated a steady and dependable supply of about 300,000 tons of cement over the construction period. In order to prevent a shortage of cement during the construction, the government assigned the Royal Irrigation Department to be responsible for a cement plant establishment. The main purpose of this was to supply cement for the construction of the dam.
On September 12, 1956, Jalaprathan Cement Company Limited was officially established. In 1958, the company completed the construction of cement plant at Amphur Takli in Nakhon Sawan Province, about 185 kilometers to the north of Bangkok. The plant, at the beginning, could produce only 360 tons of cement per day and underwent periodic improvements to the current production capacity of 2,700 tons of cement per day.
As the country’s demand for cement increased, Jalaprathan Cement established its second cement plant in Amphur Cha-am, Petchburi Province, about 200 kilometers to the southwest of Bangkok. The construction of Cha-am Plant began in 1969 and completed in 1971. Jalaprathan Cement received the royal grace from His Majesty the King Bhumibol Adulyadej to preside the grand opening ceremony of Cha-am Plant on May 18, 1971. An initial production capacity of the plant is 1,560 tons of cement per day. Later on, to keep up with an increase of domestic cement consumption, the plant was improved to boost its cement output. The first phase of improvement was completed in 1990, raising its production capacity to 2,100 tons of cement per day. The completion of the second phase of improvement in mid-1992 increased its cement production capacity to be 2,700 tons per day.
Today, both cement plants of Jalaprathan Cement can altogether produce 2.3 Million tonsof cement per year. The company produces various types of cement;Ordinary Portland Cement Type I ; Red Lotus Brand, Red Lotus Extra
Mixed Cement; Green Lotus Brand, Blue Lotus Brand, Super Power Lotus Brand
- Masonry Cement; Lotus Plus Brand
- Portland Cement Type III; Black Lotus Brand
- Portland Cement Type V; Shark Lotus Brand
- Oil Well Cement; Well Cement
- Hydraulic Cement; Red Lotus Hytech
- Dry Mortar Cement; ฺBasic Lotus Mortar 4 types
- Lotus Mortar: General plaster mortar
- Lotus Mortar : General masonry mortar
- Lotus Mortar : Lightweight block plaster mortar
- Lotus Mortar: Lightweight block masonry mortar
- Dry Mortar Cement; Technical Lotus Mortar
- Lotus Mortar Tile Adhesive FIX
- Lotus Mortar Tile Adhesive FIX XL
- Lotus Mortar Grey Skim COAT
- Lotus Mortar White Skim COAT
In 2003, Jalaprathan Cement Public Company Limited and Asia Cement Public Company Limited decided to combine management in order to enhance overall efficiency in providing services, increase strength in business and integrate overall management to the same direction i.e. accounting and finance, marketing and sales, production, purchasing and procurement, human resources, and so forth. With the management pool handled by a professional team, the company now can better serve the customers’ demands.Takli Plant
Takli Plant was officially operated in 1958 on an area of 58 rai (about 23.2 acres) in Amphur Takli, Nakhon Sawan Province, about 185 kilometers to the north of Bangkok. It is the first cement plant in northern Thailand.
Takli Plant has two limestone quarries which is situated 0.8 km. and 4.2 km. from the plant respectively. There are two rotary kilns at the plant and two preheater tower with calciner for each kiln.Cha-am Plant
Cha-am Plant officially started operation in 1971. The plant is located in Amphur Cha-am, Petchburi Province, about 200 kilometers to the southwest of Bangkok.
The limestone quarry is situated 0.5 km. from Cha-am Plant. The plant has one rotary kiln.
The production system of both Takli and Cha-am Plants was begun from a wet process and then developed to a semi-dry process. Currently, both plants are operated by a dry process using coal / lignite as a major fuel to replace bunker oil for less production cost and better product quality. In early 2006, Takli Plant installed the first rice husk feeding system that enabled the replacement of coal and lignite at a rate of around 5%, as heat substitution
12 September 1956
Jalaprathan Cement Company Limited established
|1958||Takli plant completed|
|1969||Cha-am plant begin construction|
|1971||Cha-am plant completed construction|
|18 May 1971||Grand opening ceremony with His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej|
|1990||Cha-am plant revamping first phase completed|
|1992||Cha-am plant revamping second phase completed|
|March2003||Combined with Asia Cement Public Company Limited|
Click the pins for more information